free page hit counter

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Lumps, humps, and embarrassments

I was reading this Slate article about how absolutely awful the song "My Humps" by the Black Eyed Peas is, when it occured to me that I happen to have that song on my 3 year-old iPod. It seemed natural to start the player up and listen to the song in question as I read the deliciously sardonic article; so with a few clicks I saw the song show up on the display and waited patiently for the beats to drop. The mini-hard drive spun up like normal, but that was it--there was no music, no beats, and no crooning about the desirable parts of the female anatomy and the undesirable men who would pay anything to have access to them. Now my iPod is frozen with "My Humps" taunting me on the screen. I imagine a visit to the local Apple shop to get it fixed in this state would be rather embarassing, and we all know how I "don't want no drama, no no drama, no no no no drama".

Your Favorite Jerk

P.S.
Hey Vivs, maybe you can teach your French kids the lyrics to this song in your next class. After having been introduced to lyrics from 50 Cent (by their English teacher, no less...tsk tsk) this song will seem tame by comparison. Just picture an entire class of French high school kids singing "My Hump" with a silent 'h'--comedy gold.

Update: Applying force simultaneously to both the 'menu' and 'play/pause' buttons resets the machine and removes all traces of prior embarrassment. Score! I suspect the problem was caused by the cold weather.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, December 08, 2005 2:30:00 PM, Blogger gear-girl said...

Cold weather?! PFF. it's not even -40 yet. :D look forward to better things to come.

I'm not a big fan of My Humps even though I enjoy other parts of their album (i'm surprised you listen to this album after the drive to Seattle...)

 
At Friday, December 09, 2005 12:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you don't music! you don't know how to use it! All you want........is boom boom boom boom....lol. My humps is a great song!

 
At Saturday, December 10, 2005 4:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,

I gotta agree with you. that song is absolute garbage.

Phil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home