free page hit counter

Friday, December 02, 2005

The Korean mystery

I think once in a while everyone should be allowed to let his curiosity get the best of him. On most days we really ought not try to satisfy our every inquisitive urge; some things aren't meant to be known by us, and others we simply don't want to know. But here and there, a mystery perfectly harmless, yet unmistakably tantalizingly comes our way and simply demands to be revealed. Let me disclose to you one such nagging mystery that has been leaving me puzzled for the past couple of months. Perhaps, if one of my mere handful of readers decides to cooperate, we shall get to solve this puzzle before soon.

It is no secret that I use a weblog tracker on this page to observe the mirgratory pattern of my readers. For the most part, this is for my personal amusment (see this post about interesting search engine keywords that bring readers to this page). But sometimes, I like to look at the geographic distribution of my readers to see where they hail from. Of course, the internet being what it is--a giant, disorganized no-man's land of links and urls--it is not surprising to find that on any given day this site is visited by people from every imaginable country, including some that I didn't know had even discovered bronze-working let alone internet access. Many of these globetrotting visitors, I suspect, merely stumbled onto my blog in error, and these naturally do not return (I've been waiting so long for my Angolan friend to return that I am finally coming to terms with that fact that he has left me for good). With such fickle international visitors, you can't blame me for getting very curious and excited when I discovered that a reader from somewhere in Korea has been visiting this site on a very consistent basis.

I have, of course, advanced some theories about the identity of this mysterious visitor. At first I thought it was Eviljelly on vacation in his motherland. But I'm under the impression that he is back in Minny now, so unless I'm wrong I think I can safely discount that theory. Next, I started pushing out more radical theories: maybe my mystery Korean visitor is the Korean shopkeeper downstairs who maintains, despite my numerous and adament denials, that I am a Korean student who refuses to speak to him in Korean. But the more rational side of me thinks this is highly unlikely since the shopkeeper doesn't read English...and doesn't live in Korea...and doesn't know my blog address...and...so on and so forth. So now all my leads are dry, and I must turn to you, dear readers to ask this small favour so that my curious mind may be satisfied: my dear Korean friend, who are you and why do you torment me so?


Waiting with bated breath,

Your Favorite Jerk

2 Comments:

At Friday, December 09, 2005 6:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya ba sai ho!

it is i, the korean girl you speak of.

I come because I enjoy reading your blogs.

Hope this solves your korean mystery.

 
At Saturday, December 10, 2005 6:31:00 PM, Blogger Reformed Jerk said...

Nice try, ju :) But I'm on to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home