free page hit counter

Thursday, November 03, 2005

BBall

I had the good fortune of receiving a free ticket from Han-Kit for the Raptors' season-opener against the Wizards last night. The game was quite tight and entertaining, though it came to a disappointing 96-99 conclusion for the Raptors. Aside from a defective inflatable noise-maker, and terrible accoustics at the ACC, I found the whole experience--this was my first time attending an NBA game--rather enjoyable.

There were, however, a few things I just couldn't get used to. The most grating and perplexing of these is the circus aspect of the game. Please allow me to explain myself before you mistakenly accuse me of hurling baseless insults on your favorite sport: basketball is probably the only other sport besides competitive cheerleading and extreme aerobics where music plays *during* the game. What kind of nonsense is that? Most of the night I didn't know if I was supposed to cheer for Chris Bosh or Usher. The man does have a catchy hook though.


Your Favorite Jerk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home