free page hit counter

Monday, October 24, 2005

Welcome to AA

This past year I've been drunk on the wine of laziness and was daily caught in a stupor of lethargy. Today marks the first of what I hope will be many sober days. Free of the potent drink called sloth, I feel energized, motivated, and keenly aware of all my senses. I feel as if I have taken the first step of a metaphorical AA program. To those who I've unconsciously but undeniably hurt in the past during my many periods of torpid inebriation, let me extend to you the most sincere of apologies. To those who have loved and stayed with me despite such a grievous flaw, I can offer nothing but my most heartfelt thanks and appreciation. From this day forth, I will proceed only on the sweet water of diligence, free of any indolent spirits. Give me a hug next time you see me, and help me stay on the wagon--or was it "off the wagon"; I never did quite grasp that idiom.


David

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 26, 2005 1:03:00 PM, Blogger gear-girl said...

I guess that's what the summer will do to ya. I think I've been pretty drunken on laziness as well. I'm so lazy at work - really need to step it up a notch!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home