free page hit counter

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Jerksicle

It's cold outside! Officially, the temperature with windchill is minus 12, but the 50km/h northerly winds make me feel like it's a lot colder. To give you an idea of how strong the winds were today, my frozen right ear was cut by a piece of flying debris while I was making my way upwind to the Medical Sciences Building this afternoon.

So far, it appears no one truly understands the cause of this sudden climatic shift, but that hasn't stopped the "experts" from weighing in with their half-cocked explanations. The resident weather expert in this morning's paper suggested quite matter-of-factly that the cold weather and harsh winds were the result of a "weather bomb" in the Maritimes. Seriously now, "weather bomb"? If you're going to make stuff up, at least be creative. I would have had an easier time believing him if he had told me the temperature drop was the doings of vindictive Arctic gnomes with large, family-sized fans from Costco. Why can't I find a job where I get paid to make stuff up to appease the masses?

On the bright side, this weather is perfect for catching up on some leisure reading with a nice hot cup of 奶茶 (milk tea) by my side. Now if only I had the perfect pillow to snuggle up to.

Your Favorite Jerk

1 Comments:

At Thursday, November 24, 2005 11:30:00 PM, Blogger Debsty said...

i thought the weather bomb caused that storm out east...so that's still good...the chills we've been having in TO can still be caused by genomes with costco fans...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home