free page hit counter

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Summer of eats

About a year ago, d~ introduced me to a blog about some guy's gastronomic adventures in some of Seoul's finest eateries. I thought the concept was fantastic, but I lamented the fact that Seoul was many leagues away from Vancouver and all I ever got from reading that blog was a literally insatiable desire to eat foods to which I had no access. This particular gourmand/blogger has since moved on from Seoul and no longer maintains the site. But today, I was introduced to something even better.

Peter showed me this blog of a guy doing the same thing as Fatman Seoul, but in Toronto instead of Seoul! I checked out the site this morning and the inclusion of Burrito Boyz told me that this would be a trustworthy resource for local eateries. With no meal plan for the rest of summer, I think I'll be patronizing many if not all of his recommendations--weight gain be damned. Who's with me?


Your Favorite Jerk

4 Comments:

At Friday, June 17, 2005 3:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thx for droppin by dude ..

let me know if u manage to find any other good places for me to try out, too ..

 
At Monday, June 20, 2005 12:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,

now that is a noble quest. i didn't join the fun in TO for an MSc but now that you've truly got your priorities straight, i'm heading over on the next flight out. i gotta see if there's someone doing the same thing here in Vancouver so I can train....


cheers,

phil

 
At Monday, June 20, 2005 4:12:00 PM, Blogger Reformed Jerk said...

Phil,

This August we'll paint the town (Vancouver) red (with BBQ sauce from Memphis Blues)!

Yours hungrily,
Dave

 
At Thursday, June 30, 2005 5:29:00 PM, Blogger Flami said...

Phil and Dave,

Memphis Blues?! I'm in, and I'm sure Tomlin will be too!

L.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home