free page hit counter

Monday, June 13, 2005

Rude awakening

I awoke to a furious knocking on my door this morning. House-keeping was at the door and I was still in my bed, my room a mess of unmade bed and scattered clothing. I felt groggy, confused, and then...very ashamed that my facade of cleanliness had finally been destroyed. Since September, I have made an effort to get up early on Monday mornings to make my bed and clean my room so that the cleaning lady wouldn't think that I'm a messy brute. And up till now, I've managed to keep the charade going. But alas, thanks to the dreadfully stupid AM/PM setting on my alarm radio, the gig is up and the cleaning lady knows now that I am no neater than any other student. Shame.

Why do we still use AM/PM? WHY? Image hosted by Photobucket.com I want a 24 hour system like the French--if for no other reason than the fact that 'dix huit heure' sounds so much cooler than 6PM...but that might have something to do with the language. Whatever.


Your Favorite Jerk

4 Comments:

At Monday, June 13, 2005 7:57:00 PM, Blogger gear-girl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Monday, June 13, 2005 7:58:00 PM, Blogger gear-girl said...

I'm sure the cleaning lady is glad to finally see that you are NORMAL! I mean who makes their bed - HOTEL STYLE - everyday??? nooooo body.

 
At Monday, June 13, 2005 9:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude... seriously?? the woman is called "cleaning" lady for a reason.

come see my room in waterloo.. i have no shame... NO SHAME! yOU HEAR! NO SHAME! B/C I AM CANADIAN!!!!!!!!!!

my brain is fried.

 
At Tuesday, June 14, 2005 12:12:00 PM, Blogger John said...

Bienvenue a la Rue D'Awakening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home