free page hit counter

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Calm during the storm

I saw the sky come alive with streaks of light last night. I heard the earth shake with thunder. I witnessed all this from the safety of my 26th floor room, separated from nature's catharsis only by the thin glass of my window. Although my refuge offered a mere illusion of impregnability from the awesome forces of nature, I felt safe and strangely calm as I dimmed the lights to take in the thunderstorm. The unstoppable rain promised to chase away the smog, and for that I was more than thankful. I fell asleep with a smile on my face, lulled by the cacophonous lullaby of an angry sky.


Your Favorite Jerk

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 15, 2005 10:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should frame this posting and get them to put it on the subway posters - you know - like those poetry on the run type deals - lol. Dang though - this entry seems very poetic. Can't wait till the weekend - quality time spent with Uncle Brandon - harhar. Peace out - kizzle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home