free page hit counter

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The perks of being a lonely diner

It's that time of the year again. My meal plan is finished, and I'm left to fend for myself, a lonely man in a big city. Okay, it's actually not so bad. In fact, it's a bit of a boon for my tastebuds because I can eat whatever I want whenever I want. Last night I had an odd craving for fish congee, but when I sat down to order I developed a sudden hunger for fried chicken as well. This apparent dilema gave me pause for a moment, but I quickly realized to my delight that since I was dining alone, I was under no obligation to the tastes and fancies of others. I ordered both the congee and a deep-fried chicken leg, and the resulting meal really hit the spot!

This morning, while cruising the continental breakfast buffet, I had another epicurean epiphany. In hindsight, it was quite inevitable; I love Lucky Charms cereal and orange sorbet, so why not eat them together? Let me tell you, Lucky-charms-orange-sorbet is a product that's just begging to be sold. I'd eat it by the carton.

It looks like tonight I'll be going lone-wolf yet again. Burrito boys, perhaps? Reasonably-priced eateries beware! Here I come!


Your Favorite Jerk

1 Comments:

At Saturday, May 27, 2006 6:23:00 PM, Blogger Flami said...

Lucky Charms cereal and orange sorbet together? Have you been eating out with my brother again? :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home