free page hit counter

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Older and wiser?

Thanks for all the birthday wishes earlier in the week! My departmental student seminar--the one where all the Masters students give a talk summarizing their work to all the other students and professors in the department--was scheduled for the afternoon of my birthday, so needless to say, I didn't get out of bed in a celebratory mood. Thankfully, the talk went exceptionally well (one of the reviewers said I gave the clearest talk in the history of the seminars) and I handled most of the questions with enough confidence to walk out of the room feeling pretty relieved. Thanks for all the prayers and well-wishes from everyone before the talk.

Afterwards, Tiff gave me two awesome gifts: I got a t-shirt she made with Brick (Steve Carrell) from Anchorman saying "Loud noises!!!", and a set of personalized stationery graced by a hand-drawn picture of Bunchkin on every page. To make the day even sweeter, I got a steak dinner with escargot and calamari. I'm ashamed to admit that Tiff totally out ate me, but in my defense I was wearing some exceptionally tight pants. Had I been wearing my sweatpants, the outcome would have undoubtedly been in my favour. Maybe I'll take that lesson to heart next year, when I'm older and wiser.

Your Favorite Jerk

4 Comments:

At Thursday, April 13, 2006 3:35:00 PM, Blogger gear-girl said...

OMG I MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! DAMNIT! Sorry dude... :'( and i thought i was doing so well on birthdays...

Hope you had a good one!!!!

(stupid stupid amy...)

 
At Friday, April 14, 2006 12:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude - I can't believe you just told your circle of friends that your girl is a glutton!?! lol. And how can she be able to out eat you???? You are getting weak in your old age!!! All kidding aside - big ups man and you better believe your lady friend is a keeper. peace out.

 
At Friday, April 14, 2006 2:22:00 PM, Blogger tiffany said...

i AM the eating champion!!! :)

(i'm glad you had a great birthday, dear)

 
At Sunday, April 23, 2006 2:31:00 AM, Blogger Flami said...

You'll get your stuff and such when your parents visit you later! Happy Birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home