free page hit counter

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Baby steps

I spent the last week settling in to my new place. The transition from dorm living to apartment living has so far proved more challenging than a mere change of address. The logistics of starting a "household", though a welcome challenge, can at times be rather taxing. Everyday I add to the list of domestic tools and necessities that I never knew I needed before. In fact, half of the items on that list are descriptions of the item for lack of a name--for example: Item (6) That thing you use to poke a hole in a can...with a bent triangular pointy thing on one end and a rounded-cornered semi-rectangular thing on the other. Try asking for that in Chinatown; like I said, sometimes the challenge can be taxing.

But despite the small bumps and hurdles on the road to independence, I have been making progress. This past Thursday I cooked my own meal, a three course affair with eggs, vegetables, and (this one I'm not so proud of) pam-seared SPAM. A small baby step perhaps, but a step nonetheless.

I'll keep you updated on the status of my metamorphosis from incompetent "child" to master housekeeper. But don't hold your breath; this could take a while.


Your Favorite Jerk

2 Comments:

At Sunday, June 04, 2006 11:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude - those are eggs? what's the red stuff mixed in with the yellow stuff? haha.

-kizzle

 
At Monday, June 05, 2006 6:58:00 PM, Blogger Flami said...

Get a regular can opener instead of that item 6, dude. Much easier, unless you're not sure how to use one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home