free page hit counter

Monday, June 05, 2006

Anticlimactic

I went down to the waterfront yesterday to have a little quiet time to myself. Back in Vancouver, I used to sit under "my" tree on Burnaby Mountain when I wanted to think and reflect. Sitting under that tree, I could tune out the rest of the world and simply get lost in my own place. I haven't found a place quite like that here in Toronto yet; this city has far too many people with precious few trees. The closest place I've found so far is the thin strip of green lining the waterfront where the Harbour Cruises operate.

It has been a while since I last visited the waterfront, and I had hoped that it would be the same as last summer. But alas, the place is overrun with all species of rag weed, and not very much like last summer at all. The whole trip was rather anticlimactic, hardly worth the hour long round-trip walk, which itself seemed longer than last summer. In fact, these past few weeks have all been rather anticlimactic. With all the stress buildup before the re-class exam, I focused too much on the all the fun I thought I would be having after the exam. I should have realized this earlier and toned down the wishful thinking and pining. As a matter of fact, I should tone down these things as a rule anyways.


David

1 Comments:

At Saturday, June 10, 2006 3:32:00 PM, Blogger the theological toddler said...

Reformed,

Yesterday, as part of an ice-breaker with the youth, we asked them their name and what'd they'd do with a million dollars.

I thought mine through, but I didn't tell the whole group of youth I'd buy a nice engagement ring for Ristretto, a house, and settle down. I settled on telling them the safe one, like getting a nice kayak. That way, I'd fit in with the Ferarris, houses, and stuff.

But, having read your post I realize I could get me some plane tickets to visit you in TO. Or fly you down to TX to visit me, and you'd get to meet my Ristretto! How's that sound?

Wanna help me secure that million?

TTT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home