free page hit counter

Friday, November 19, 2004

If you need help, here I am

Remember how I applied for the "all-night" proctor position a few weeks ago? Well, in case you didn't know, I got the job. A typical 6 hour shift goes like this: I go in at 4pm (or 10pm if it's Friday) and open up my novel de jour; 6 hours later -- 10pm or 4am if it's Friday -- I close my novel and go home. So far I've read three wonderfully engaging novels (A Brave New World, Things That Must Not Be Forgotten, and Red Azlea) and I really can't find anything to complain about with this job. If this thing paid about 3x better, I would seriously consider doing it full-time.

I wish I had some interesting anecdotes to tell you, but I really don't; watching people study is a really boring and uneventful task. The only time things got remotely close to being interesting was when the "Contraceptives For Undergads" seminar was held in the studyroom. If anyone needs tips on how to correctly insert a diaphram, you know who to ask...okay, nevermind, go look it up on google. I can't really describe it that well with my hands.

I am not obligated to provide any assistance to the students' questions, but I always try my best when I'm asked a question. Two weeks ago, a keen engineering student asked me if I had a calculator or knew where I could get one. To which I replied: "No". I think I'm going to apply for a TA position or something. I'm a natural at this sort of thing.


Your Favorite Jerk




2 Comments:

At Monday, November 22, 2004 9:43:00 PM, Blogger Reformed Jerk said...

gladly :-P

 
At Wednesday, December 01, 2004 9:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stupid Blogger won't let me stayed signed in, and I could swear the "Post Anonymously" option wasn't there at 5 AM.


Steph, you have a blog? Coolness!

Dave, hurry hom coa you know we all miss you!


Leslie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home