free page hit counter

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Sweet Thinsulation

The weather has gone from being cool to cold this week. Eventhough the climate appears to be deceptively warm for this time of year, hovering at a tolerable 5 degrees celsius, the freezing wind coming over the lakes (I presume -- I don't really know where it's coming from), makes me feel like it's 2 or 3 degrees below zero.

Every morning I walk by a small shop that sells cheap trinkets to tourists. I have been able to resist the rack of tuques in front of the shop because I've been hoping that this "cold-streak" would pass. But it has finally occurred to me that the cold temperature I've experienced this week is not an anomaly, but a confirmation of my suspicions that winter has arrived. Walking along Dundas St. this cold morning, I came to terms with the fact that from now till april the cold would be my faithful (but very annoying) companion. Finally, after weeks of stubborness and self-delusion, I succombed to the tuque-rack.

My navy blue Thinsulate™ tuque is the best $3.99 I've ever spent. I don't think I've ever appreciated the tuque in Vancouver because any headgear that wasn't water-proof was essentially useless there; but out here in dry, cold Ontario this piece of Canadiana is indispensible, eh.


Your Favorite (dorky) Jerk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home