free page hit counter

Sunday, September 19, 2004

On cloud 26

With all the moving in and settling down I've been doing these last couple of weeks, I've been a bit slow to post. Okay, I haven't posted at all. But all that is going to change because the next couple of posts will come in a flurry.

First off, let me tell you a little about my new place. I'm at the 89 Chestnut residence, formerly the Colony Hotel, in the heart of downtown Toronto. They've got me on the 26th floor with the other grad students, which I don't have to share a floor with hundreds of frosh. From this vantage point some 200ft above street level, I have a sweeping view of the Eaton Centre parkade and Dundas street, which is apparently a popular parade root (I've already witnessed one parade from my room). The price I have to pay for this breath-taking view is a five to ten minute ride on the elevator. In a building with 900 people and 6 elevators (two of which are perpetually "in service") it is rare that I can go from the lobby to my room without at least 10 stops along the way.

Long elevator rides notwithstanding, I quite like my room. I get unlimited local calls, ADSL, and cable TV with my rent, not too mention my own private ensuite bathroom. On top of all that I get a king-sized bed, which I didn't think I needed until I slept on it. Now, I wonder how I ever managed with my single bed back home =) The only downside of sleeping on a bed for two (rather large) people is having to roll over three times to reach my alarm in the mornings. Sometimes when I'm in that semi-conscience state right before I am fully awake, I can only managet to roll over twice before I forget why I'm rolling around in the first place and fall back to sleep.

Okay, I'm going to go for some dinner now. When I get back I'll post about the food here.



Your Favorite Jerk


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home