free page hit counter

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Goodbye UBiC

I went to my last UBiC BBQ as a member of UBiC, the UBC Bioinformatics Centre tonight, right after I said goodbye to Corey. Next week will be my last week at UBiC after having worked there for more than two years fulltime and another 2 years part-time, starting in the summer of 2000. I can honestly say that UBiC was one of the best places where I've worked at. The management there is very laid-back and are confident enough in the employees that they let them come up with big ideas and do their stuff without any meddling. Not everyone can say that they've been allowed to followed a big project from start to finish, from requirements analysis to coding, to testing to packaging and distribution.

I'm very happy that I've had the opportunity to have met some cool people at UBiC and I only hope that I will be able to meet people as nice and with as much humor in Toronto.

 
Your Favorite Jerk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home