free page hit counter

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

The Fast and the Curious

It occured to me today that I have no idea how fast I can type. Thankfully, a quick google search turned up http://www.typingtest.com/ and I was off to the races. My WPM is (drumroll, please...) 77wpm. I attribute my typing prowess to a rigorous daily training routine: 8 hours at work and 3 hours on MSN. You know, if I had applied myself this hard to something more worthwhile (like say, marathon running), I might have a shot at some kind of medal.



Of course, just as I'm pleasantly gloating and stroking my ego, I come across this story about this woman, who has been clocked at 212 wpm!!! Okay, so she uses a Dvorak keyboard (keys are more efficiently laid out than our pathetic QWERTY legacy keyboards), but still, that's freaking unbelievable!!!

Go try out the test for yourself and post your speed here :-)


Your Favorite Jerk

 

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 21, 2004 3:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only have three words in response to this: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. d~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home