free page hit counter

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Lemon coke

Recently, I've discovered the ultimate rainy afternoon drink to accompany a good novel: Chinese Neocitran, otherwise known as warm Coke with a slice of lemon. I empty a can of Coke into my oversized mug, add a squeeze of lemon juice, and zap the entire concoction in the microwave for 3 minutes. The acidity of the lemon juice works in conjuction with the acetic acid already present in Coke to wash away toxins that coat my esophagus and intestinal linings. Along the way, they also strip away a layer of dead cells lining the digestive system, stimulating regrowth and regeneration. This simple homebrew treatment is a far more effective detox solution than any water fast or colonic irrigation hokum all the new-age cons seem to be peddling these days. I'm doing my PhD in Medical Genetics, so I know what I'm talking about: warm Coke and lemons, it'll clean up your insides real good.

Your Favorite Jerk

4 Comments:

At Monday, September 25, 2006 12:20:00 PM, Blogger gear-girl said...

PhD or no PhD... that's nasty man! warm coke... eeeeeek. you should create a new drink and patent it before someone steals your idea. infact, why did you post this on your blog?!

 
At Wednesday, September 27, 2006 11:13:00 PM, Blogger Reformed Jerk said...

No, trust me. It's good stuff!!! Try it.

 
At Friday, September 29, 2006 8:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always wondered who discovered that...
Dawn

 
At Tuesday, October 03, 2006 12:36:00 PM, Blogger Andrea Wong said...

euuuuuwww. BLECH!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home