free page hit counter

Monday, August 21, 2006

Wandering

I finished work at 11 last night and went to Fred's for a quick beer to wind down the night. As we talked about our aversions and aspirations, I realized that I'm wandering again. A few months ago, my path was clear and defined: study hard to pass the re-class exam. But now that I'm actually in the PhD program, the same demons that used to haunt me have returned to tease, prod, and taunt me, reminding me of how bored and unfocused I am. I feel like I'm stuck in my own desert, trying half-heartily to reach the promised land. Everywhere I turn, I see unforgiving giants and land that devours. They keep me from reaching that which was promised to me even before my conception, yet I can do nothing more than acknowledge the absurdity of this tragedy. When will I have the courage, determination, and faith to vanquish these giants? Who are your giants, and do you have the same question as me? Let's talk.

David

1 Comments:

At Monday, August 21, 2006 11:07:00 PM, Blogger Matt said...

i can't even name the giants. focus is a dream.

what was "cool" (replace at leisure) about the PhD program?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home