free page hit counter

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Checkout etiquette

Twice this week, I've been the victim of checkout line boors. On Saturday, Tiff and I stood in line behind a man who paid for a pair of skates and a hockey stick using three stacks of Canadian Tire Money in 10 cent denominations. Now, anyone who can collect enough 10 cent CTM to purchase hockey equipment obviously has commendable patience, and I don't want to belittle that virtue. But I don't have such enviable patience, and it's more than a little unfair of him to tax my admittedly meager forbearance to satisfy his own ends. Besides being inconsiderate, holding up a long line just so you can get rid of some play-money is just ig'nant.

Today, I waited in line at Dominion for a man and his partner to unload their entire shopping cart onto the express checkout counter. What part of 12-item express is so difficult to understand? Even by elementary school maths, most people can surmise that a full shopping cart contains at least 12 items. I'm not asking you to estimate the number of jellybeans in a jar to win a prize at the fair here--just look at your full cart and tell me if it has more or fewer than 12 items. You don't win a prize if you get it right, but you do look like a jerk if you don't.

End rant.

Your Favorite Jerk

1 Comments:

At Friday, August 25, 2006 10:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. For the x-item express line, it should be a prerequisite that you're able to count up to x. It's almost the same with driving. Too many stupid people who can barely drive the speed limit and stall traffic by riding in the passing lane. !#*@

 

Post a Comment

<< Home