free page hit counter

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Brio good

I had my first taste of Brio, an Italian chinotto soft drink, yesterday. It's hard to describe the taste of this beverage because it had a taste unlike anything I've ever encountered before. The closest thing I can compare it to would be a mixture of Coke and a Chinese sweet made from sugar-soaked olives. At first I thought the drink was repulsive. But when trying a new food or beverage, my rule of thumb is to always try at least three bites or sips before I deliver my final judgment. This rule has helped me avoid rash dismissal of such delectables as sushi, fried squid, and kim chi. Last night it helped me again. After three sips of Brio, I fell in love with it! Brio is like the slow, ugly kid who's so different from every other kid in class that you just can't help but adore--consider Ralph Wiggum, for instance. If you get a chance, order a can of Brio to go with your next pizza. The Italians have a good thing going with that combo. I'm surprised it took me this long to find out.


Your Favorite Jerk

3 Comments:

At Friday, November 03, 2006 6:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey reformed, this has nothing to do with your blog entry today, i found another entry of yours from May that caught my eye. You posted a question about a bump on the bottom of your girlfrends middle finger, i have the same exact bump as her and was wondering if you two found any preventative solution. i am afraid to go to the doctor, therefore any help would greatly be appreciated.

-christy
ibcnum@yahoo.com

 
At Saturday, November 04, 2006 3:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Ralph!!!
Dawn

 
At Tuesday, November 07, 2006 2:02:00 PM, Blogger Reformed Jerk said...

Hi Christy,

I think it was quite benign and hadn't bothered her since then. But it's always good to err on the side of safety and get it checked out. Good luck!

RJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home