free page hit counter

Monday, October 30, 2006

Double life

I lead a double life. By day I'm a graduate student, working quietly on a project that only interests a few hundred people in my narrow field of study. But by night I'm a superhero with unfathomable powers, waiting to save the world; I'm a double agent, working to bring down a nefarious group of international spies using inprobable tactics and a colourful array of wigs; and I'm a bitchy, self-loving supermodel selecting America's next top model. Did I mention I do all of that from the comfort of my couch? Yes, I admit I'm a television junkie. I watch television without pity and I love it. There used to be a time when I was ashamed of this antisocial behaviour, but I've long outgrown that self-loathing phase of my life. I have now come to unabashedly embrace the sedantary lifestyle: sweatpants, freshly baked Pilsbury chocolate chip cookies, hot chocolate with marshmellows, and a virgin episode of Heroes to share with the perfect company is my favorite recipe for a winter evening. Goodbye Daylight Saving Time; hello Prime Time!

Your Favorite Jerk

1 Comments:

At Thursday, November 02, 2006 12:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats exactly what i say too!
Dawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home