free page hit counter

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Calm

I have very little to blog about these days. For the first time in a long time, I am content. I am happy with where I am; pleased with what I've done; grateful for what I have; calm even as I'm being buffeted by the storm of life. The new me is boring. The new me is unfunny. The new me is a chore to talk to. You can call him, but he probably won't return your calls. The new me is happily living in his own bubble of bliss, willfully ignorant of his surroundings. The well that once held a seemingly endless supply of snark and ridicule has been drained, replaced with a cloyingly sweet substance that can only be called sap. Yet, I choose to embrace him. I like the new me. I like where he is; I like where he has been; I like where he is going, even though neither of us know where that is. Here's to not knowing what's ahead but knowing the One who does. Cheers.


David

1 Comments:

At Monday, September 19, 2005 10:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny the new you sounds a lot like the old you. Well at least the old you pre-Vancouver.

Alan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home