free page hit counter

Monday, August 29, 2005

A little catching up to do

It has been well over a week since I came home. My lack of diligence with blogging has created a huge backlog of interesting stories that I would like to share with you. But in the interest of time (and in order to avoid a repeat of the tediously long-winded Montreal post) I will only mention here some highlights of what I have been up to since my return. To the best of my recollection, the following are in rough chronological order. But it is entirely possible that some events may have actually come before rather than after others as written here--and some, in fact, may not have occured at all and are only products of my imagination. You will have to read this at your own risk and with a fairly large grain of salt :)

My first few days in Vancouver were actually spent, in large part, with people from Toronto. Since I lived in this city most of my life, these first few days were the only days which I spent doing touristy things. On Friday, I had lunch with Ed and Lydia and spent the afternoon with them at Lonsdale Quay and the Vancouver Art Gallery. On Sunday, I had the pleasure of playing tourguide for the Hui sisters with stops at Granville Island, Stanley Park, and finally Grouse Mountain (I will remember the treachery generosity, and I shall be avenged!). In between my two tourguide gigs, I also got a chance to take in a Bublé concert at Deer Lake. I'm amazed at how well the weather held up during that first weekend (traditionally the rainiest weekend of the summer in Vancouver), even as my voice was reduced to tiny whispers.

Since then, I've managed to spend a lot of quality time with the folks. Most days, the routine goes like this: I wake up, finish off a lot of work, have dinner with my parents, and leave in the evening to hang out with friends. It's such a perfectly balanced system that I wonder why I couldn't stick to it when I actually lived here.

This past weekend I went up to Whistler with the folks and capped it off with a trip to the OMNIMAX with Vivs on Sunday. That place is honestly getting smaller every year. I remember staring over the seats as a child and feeling as if I were standing on a precipice of unimaginable height. Now the incline of the seats seats seems only a tad steeper than that at a typical Paramount Silvercity. Or maybe I've grown...nah.

As much as I like the quiet times I'm having with friends and family here, I'm starting to miss Toronto a bit. These days I'm finding that the bed I slept in for almost 14 years is too small for me--I crave the freedom of my king sized megabed in Toronto. Next week this time, I'll be packing up for my trip home. This time, I might not need quotation marks around 'home'.


Your Favorite Jerk

1 Comments:

At Sunday, September 04, 2005 1:15:00 PM, Blogger tiffany said...

so i heard from ju that there's this old newspaper clipping at your house that i've *got* to see... :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home