free page hit counter

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

My kingdom for a spoon!

When you live at home all your life, you take certain things for granted. I'm talking about little things that you just assume are going to be there, like...a spoon for example. I bought some instant coffee at Staples (of all places...don't ask) yesterday and decided to make myself a brew of Fodger's classic roast this evening. Just as I was getting ready to take my hit of caffeine, it suddenly occured to me that I need a spoon to scoop out the coffee and to stir the beverage. Alas, I did not possess this implement and I was forced to find a pair of chopsticks to mix my drink. Note to self: buy a spoon before winter makes utensil shopping difficult. Do they even sell spoons individually? Oooo, the debate is on...I'm signing off.


Your Favorite Jerk

4 Comments:

At Thursday, October 14, 2004 12:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clever attempt in hinting to your devoted readers to UPS one over. if unsuccessful, i'm sure your chopsticks will get you through 'til December.

One would think that when offering up your nonexistent kingdom for a spoon there would be many takers. When King Richard said it, albeit rhetorically on the battlefield, and sure he was asking for a bit more, but, well, just look what happened to him in that play.

 
At Thursday, October 14, 2004 2:24:00 PM, Blogger Reformed Jerk said...

Someone ripped out the last few pages out of my Cole's Notes edition of Richard III. I just assumed he got his horse and went on to win the Battle of Bosworth, slaying Richmond in the process. Are you suggesting the real ending was different?

 
At Thursday, October 14, 2004 3:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

pfffft

 
At Sunday, October 24, 2004 4:11:00 PM, Blogger Flami said...

My spoon is too big!Seriously though, I'm sure they have lots of places that sell spoons in Toronto.. just look for one of those stainless steel silverware sets, like the ones they used to have at Zellers before they closed down in Richmond Centre!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home