free page hit counter

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Lindt

Vivs sent me this Lindt Excellence 99% Cacao Noirissime from France a week ago, and I just got it in the mail today. Wow! I've seen 80% in Canada but I've yet to encounter a 99% dark chocolate. That is hardcore. I think 99% is the highest amount of cocoa you can stick in a bar without needing written approval from the FDA and maybe even the DEA.

This thing is so hardcore it comes in an airtight jewel case and a strong warning to follow the Conseils de Dégustation (tasting advice) enclosed in the package. The science of tasting this thin 50g bar of chocolate is so precise that it even comes with a graph showing the intensity of various "notes" of the chocolate over the course of the tasting. Not surprisingly in a 99% cocoa chocolate bar, the taste of Cacaoté (or cocoaness, I guess) is the most intense over the long haul. Although, without looking at the graph, I bet you wouldn't have guessed that Acidité would be the initial forerunner.

I think I'll bust this thing open and enjoy it "...avec un café afin de faciliter le développement d'un bouquet d'aromes cacaotés" when I finish my assignments. Let's hope it will be opened in celebration rather than self-commiseration. Merci beaucoup, Vivo!!!!

Your Favorite Jerk

2 Comments:

At Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:39:00 PM, Blogger gear-girl said...

ok. i didn't understand half your blog. and who was saying they didn't speak French in montreal?!? man. what a load of ...

:P

 
At Friday, April 07, 2006 2:41:00 PM, Blogger Reformed Jerk said...

You mean the time I asked that lady how to get to Concordia, and she asked us if we had trouble understanding our map? I love les Québecois.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home