free page hit counter

Monday, March 06, 2006

These socks were made for trashing

I can't seem to keep a proper inventory of socks in my drawers for some reason. No matter how careful I am, I keep losing them to attrition by wearing holes in them or losing them in the dryer. As a result, I go to Chinatown every so often to pick up more socks. My favorite sock merchant is a guy on Spadina, who sells really thick, fine quality socks from the back of his van. For a crip fiver, I get three pairs that'll keep me warm all winter. And since he operates from a van with no fixed address, he's always having silly paperwork mixups with the Canadian Revenue Agency, which means he can't collect GST and PST for them. But the "store" hours are a bit dodgy, and sometimes you can go weeks without seeing him hawk his wares.

It so happens that yesterday was an off day for my sock merchant, so I had to go elsewhere to purchase my socks. I regret to inform you that not all socks in Chinatown are create equal. The ones I bought from an old lady on Dundas street looked good at the time, but when I tried to put them on this morning, I noticed my hands were covered with black pigment from the socks. It's like they were coloured with newspaper ink or watered down tar or something equally filthy. I don't think I'll be able to wear them before soaking them in water for about a week. What a waste of five dollars; I should have gotten the Sugar Bear (Can't get enough of that Sugar Crisp) t-shirt instead.


Your Favorite Jerk

1 Comments:

At Monday, March 06, 2006 8:40:00 PM, Blogger tiffany said...

hmph. i was going to buy that shirt, but *somebody* told me not too.

and out of curiosity: hey tomlin (if you read this), would you wear a sugar bear t-shirt?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home