free page hit counter

Saturday, June 05, 2004

I've found my sport

Everyday, I get reminded by well-meaning friends and relatives that I need to pick up a sport to enrich my otherwise dull life. After carefully evaluated my skillset and its suitability for various sports, I've decided that the sport I will master will be Speed Stacking. Apparently, this sport is picking up a lot of momentum worldwide because it involves two vital elements: speed and the ability to stack cups in various patterns. According to Bob Fox, the founder of this sport, "The most important thing to do when cup stacking is to use BOTH hands, and use them almost equally as much and as well." . Think it's an easy sport? Think again, check out this Ripley's Believe it on Not segment on Emily Fox (the Speed Stacking equivalent of hockey's Wayne Gretsky) and see how fast those hands move. Yep, I think it'll take years of training to do something like this, but I know one day I too will be able to stack a three-point pyramid in 2.5 seconds.

Your Favorite Jerk

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 08, 2004 1:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rrr... that's Gretzky !

-Ron

 

Post a Comment

<< Home