free page hit counter

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

So many questions...

I have so many questions that I need answered. Do you ever get that? You wake up and almost everything you encounter makes you ask "Why?". Personally, I haven't had those kinds of days since I was five, but today has started out like one of those days.

As soon as I opened the curtains in my room and saw the layer of white frost on the ground I knew it would be cold--minus 20, if you must know. Why is it so cold today when just yesterday it was so pleasantly mild? How does a city drop 20 degrees in less than 12 hours? Is this even possible without either an asteroid collision, a nuclear holocaust, or Storm from X-men having PMS?

When I opened my bagged breakfast this morning, I found that in lieu of a spoon, I was given a fork and a packet of salt to eat my yogurt. Why? Who the @$*^ eats yogurt with a fork, and what do I do with the packet of salt!?!?!?!

And finally, while doing the rounds on the internets this morning I found this sign (via What Tian has learned) and it has been puzzling me to no end. I don't read Chinese or understand the physics of squat toilets, so I must ask: why does the orientation of the squat toilet occupant matter? Is it bad feng shui to face east while answering nature's call? Please, if you can read Chinese or know the engineering behind squat toilets, explain it to me.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I have other questions I need answered, but these I cannot post for public consumption. They can only be answered by my lawyer and my priest, who have moral obligations to the bar and to God, respectively, to keep their confidentiality agreements :-p


Your Favorite Jerk

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 09, 2005 3:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It says 'zheng que shi yong fang fa' and 'cuo wu shi yong fang fa' ...so either way, doesn't answer question :P
d~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home