free page hit counter

Friday, March 11, 2005

Jetsgo'in bankrupt

I bought roundtrip tickets to Vancouver yesterday from Jetsgo, and less than 12 hours later they declared bankruptcy. Now that the shock has worn off, it's really quite comical and I'm having a good laugh. Who would have thought that a company offering one-penny tickets to Vancouver (I kid you not; this is the deal I got yesterday) could possibly go out of business?

The timing was so impeccable that I was up all night wondering if my ticket was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Picture this: at one penny a trip, these guys must have been losing at least $199.99 on each leg of the trip; and right when I bought my ticket, I might have pushed their debt level past what their creditors allowed. I may very well have single-handedly destroyed Jetsgo. I so rock.


Your Favorite Jerk

Update 1:
AMEX has agreed to give me my money back :-)

Update 2:
When searching for "jetsgo+bankrupt" on Yahoo Search, this page comes up at number 8 (someone has said he's even seen it as high as number 6). I would gloat and say this is an amazing feat of blogging, but I'm afraid it's actually a reflection of just how crappy Yahoo Search really is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home